Labels

Art (16) Aversion (16) Cognition (16) Darkness and Light (7) Family (10) Freestyle (5) Friendship (10) Guilt (9) Happiness (14) High School (3) Inner Shadows (17) Letters (21) Life (25) Lost (16) Love (40) My Quotes (6) Nature (4) Photogrophy (4) Poetry (34) Realization (8) Stories (12) Turmoil (21)

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Intervals













The seconds became minutes.
The minutes became hours.
The hours became days.
The days became months.
The months became years.
The years became like eons of time through the ashes of the earth.

But, that wasn't enough to keep me away.
To sit on the porch all day,
and watch as the shimmer of light thins down to the thick layer of blackness.
The trees sway in a snake like pattern.
The air caves in like the thunder of rocks diving in a void.

In that distant day,
the world around me felt so dense.
In a world where nothing existed.

I wonder how long it's been
since I've taken something like this
on myself.

Even if the ocean hurls down,
and casts me away from this forsaken place.
I'll crawl back to the place where you've left me.
With dirty hands, scrapped knees,
a tampered heart; with a determined purpose.

The sun has bulged out.
The sky has aged gray.
The wind has blown dry.
Only the wet sensation that lingers downwards through my cheeks
is what makes me alive.

4 comments:

  1. "Even if the ocean hurls down,
    and casts me away from this forsaken place.
    I'll crawl back to the place where you've left me.
    With dirty hands, scrapped knees,
    a tampered heart; with a determined purpose."

    I love the passion in this stanza.

    I think I need to start following you. You're a complete mystery to me, but if you wouldn't mind dropping me an e-mail and telling me something, ANYTHING at all about you, I'd really like that. :)

    And wow, thank you for your last comment. I'm immensely flattered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Barry there. That same stanza really hit me.So passionate and patient. If I was the ocean, I wouldn't abandon her. The persona clearly loves the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU!!! hahaha :) you're so poetic and amazazing! Im so glad you're my best friend haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your work but i think this one is probably my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete

It would mean a lot if you tell me what you think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...